Tuesday, September 29, 2026

6 Points tulipS modified





by Ds. Baltazar  A. Niangar, Pastor Emeritus, Th. B., A. B., D. C. M., D. D., (conferred)


The Six Points ( T U L I P S ) of Reforming Reformed Catholic Churches
(Modified T U L I P)

Intro:
>  Reformed Theology resulted from Theological Reformation in Church and Her Theology!

>  The One, Holy, Apostolic, and Catholic Church underwent deformation deviating from the Bible!

>  John Wycliffe was the Bright Morning Star of the Reformation of the Church!


>  Hence, the Cry of the Biblical Reformed Theologians explaining  . . . 
  
I. Total Depravity / Inability by himself to return to God – Rom. 3: 10 - 12

      A. Sin from man’s evil heart although ‘righteous’ in his own eyes (Isa. 64: 6; Matt. 15: 19)!

      B. Sinners in themselves are God’s enemies & cannot return to Him (Rom. 3: 10-12, 23)! 

      C. Sin is in his depraved being & behavior (Room. 3: 23; 5: 12; 6: 23a; 5: 12; 6: 23; 7: 14)!

Transition: Total Depravity, originally, the third reformed point according to Dort’s canons!


II. Unconditional Election (unto Salvation, first Canon) - Eph. 1: 4; Rom. 9: 11; Rom: 11: 6

      A. Elect Sinners - chosen by God in Christ before creation (Rom. 9: 11; Eph. 1: 3-5)!

      B. Election - His foreknowledge / forelove us in Christ (Rom. 8: 8: 28, 29; I Jn. 2: 19; 4: 19)!

      C. Elected – by God in His Fatherly love in Christ! – Eph. 1: 4; John 3: 14; 18; Rom. 5: 8

Transition: Limited Atonement, the third reformed point of salvation, but, the  . . . 


III. Limited Redemption for His Elect & Unlimited Atonement for the reprobates!  

      A. Acquittal / Acceptance of some sinners (the elect – I Pet. 2: 9; Rom. 9: 34) and Appeasement of His wrath to the rest (the Reprobates – II Cor. 5: 19; I Pet. 2: 8) 

      B. Cleansing of sins of some sinners (the elect – I John 1: 9. 8, 10) and Covering of the rest (the (reprobates)! – I John 2: 1, 2; Rom. 9: 32  

      C. Forgiveness of Sinners (the elect – Col. 3: 13; Rom. 9: 11, 23; I John 1: 9) 
        and Forbearance of the sinners (the reprobates – Rom. 9: 12 – 22, 32) 

Transition: Irresistible Divine Saving Grace as the fourth point is very Biblical, so, the  . . .


IV. Irresistible Saving Grace-John 3:3-8; Phil. 1:6; 2: 13,12; Acts 13: 48; Jn. 1:13,12; Jas. 1: 18

      A. The reprobates resist the Gospel, resisting the Spirit of Grace (Acts 7: 51; Rom. 11: 32)! 

      B. Believing (receiving) Christ of the Gospel & repent of sin (John 1: 12, 13; I Jn. 1: 9)!

      C. Justified, being sanctified & finally glorified (Rom. 8: 1 - 4 ; I Thess. 4: 3; II Cor. 3: 18)!

Transition: We are preserved through His sovereign will – Rom. 8: 28 – 39, that the  . . . 


V. Perseverance of the Saints by His Preservation – Phil. 1: 6; Rom. 8: 28 – 39; Jude 24, 25

      A. The elect ones will be deceived unless God did not shorten the last days 
          before He will judge the world! - Matt. 24: 22; I Pet. 2: 17

      B. The elect will be covered and cleansed since chosen by His love, grace, and 
          mercy - Psa. 23: 5; Rom. 9: 23; Eph. 1: 13 - 7 

      C. The elect are secured for God is faithful to His Covenantal love and power in His Divine Sovereignty! – Heb. 8: 12; Heb. 10: 14 – 25

Transition: Reformed Catholic Church (‘Ecclesia Reformata Semper Reformanda Est’) keeps on reforming, thus her six point, the  . . . 


VI. Spiritual Unity in Individual Diversity / Individual Diversity in Spiritual Unity

      A. Unity in the Father for our Reconciliation to Him (II Cor. 5: 19) in Holiness (Eph. 1: 4b)!  
          1. By His grace and Mercy (Eph. 2: 5 – 9; Ti. 2: 10 – 14: 3: 5)!

          2. In spite of diversity in our nationality (Gal. 3: 25 – 29)! 


      B. Unity in the Son by Redemption (Rom. 3: 24) in Love (I JN. 3: 2, 3)!
          1. By His Shed Blood & Resurrection (Heb. 9: 22; I Cor. 15)!

          2. In spite of diversity in our maturity (Rom. 14)!

      C. Unity in the Spirit thru Regeneration (Ti. 3: 5b) in Faithfulness (Jn. 15: 10; I Jn.5. 1-5)!    
          1. By His In-working & Sealing (I Cor. 12 – 14; II Cor. 3: 17, 18)!

          2. In spite of diversity in our personality (I Cor. 9: 19 – 25)!



Concluding Summary: 
The Biblically modified ‘T U L I P S’ is  . . .
Our Total (not absolute) Depravity or Inability to return to God in/by ourselves!

The Unconditional Divine Election, not our conditional choice for salvation! 

The Limited Redemption for us & the Unlimited Atonement for us, all sinners!

 The Irresistible Saving Grace of God for us, His elect! 

Our Perseverance due to His Preservation!

Our Spiritual Unity in Individual Diversity / Individual Diversity in Spiritual Unity!


Personal Question:
 Is our salvation secured in God or not, & due to us? – Ti. 1: 3

 Are we assured of the cleansing by His shed blood? – Heb. 9: 22

 Who is more powerful, God or Satan? – Ju. 24, 25

 Do or can we resist God? – Rom. 9: 15, 20

 Do we preserve our salvation by ourselves or by God? – Eph. 2: 10; II Tim.. 1: 12

Are we aware of spirituality & individuality God, condemning sin but nor the sinners?

Personal Appeals / Commitments:
 Let us believe in God & in our Lord and Savior Christ for our salvation – Acts 4: 12

Let us make our calling and election sure!-II Pet. 1: 10, 5 – 9, 11

Let us humble ourselves before God!-I Pet. 5: 7 

Let us not grieve and quench the Spirit!-Eph. 4: 30; I Thess. 5: 19 

Let us be proud, praising and glorifying God!-I Cor. 1: 29-31; I Cor. 10: 31

Let’s be ecumenical in spirit, not ecumenistic (of One World Church from World Council of Churches), neither interdenominationalistic / compromising (of International Council of Christian Churches), nor emotionalistic (of Charismatic / Signs and Wonders/Prosperity-
Gospel Churches! 

Let’s be true Christians condemning sin, heresies, and apostasies, not sinners to Hell / Lake of Fire! Let’s make Disciples by preaching the Gospel in evangelization enlisting them to Biblical Churches and edifying them into Christ-likeness! 
 

No comments:

MOST VIEWED NOW